Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Home Networking.

• Please log in to reply

Fathead

Fathead

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi there.

Im posting to hopefully recieve help on this subject because its really bothering me and im a deadhead with networking. Who better to ask than the friendly techies @ Geeks2go! :)
Now here is my current network.
Posted Image

As you can see its very tedious, and I need help with every single part of it. :help:

Now as you may know the NEtcommNB1300+4 can also connect to the internet but im using it as a router. Sometimes when I turn my PC on the internet doesnt work. I investigated this to find my Pc had been connecting to my NB1300 (192.168.1.1), which is connecting to my router but not the DSL 302G. So I edited Windows networking IP Config to connect straight to the D-Link (10.1.1.7). Will this work if i manually configure every other PCs IP settings to 10.1.1.x?

Plus I have been told that the Netcomm NB1300 is less that a junkie peice of crap. Does anyone happen to know how to connect all the computers to the Dlink

I am trying to connect my Xbox 360 to my brothers laptop.
The laptop has an internet connection. (10.1.1.8). I set this network up to share its internet capabilities using ICS. When I connect the cat5 ethernet cable to the xbox it:
a) Comes up with a ridiculous IP (169.254.31.133) so on automatic settings with Windows and the Xbox it doesnt connect properly.
b) Doesnt connect with Xbox Live.

So the PC is not connecting with the 360 or vice versa. Anyone know how to connect the two? :blink:

Any help would be appreciated :rofl:
feel free to email me any ideas/suggestions.

Thanks guys ^^ :whistling:

Edited by Fathead, 16 January 2007 - 12:07 AM.

Advertisements