Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Importing mails from Outlook Express to Outlook

• Please log in to reply

mpogorze

mpogorze

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Time ago I copied a files from a folder where Outlook Express stores mails. Just copied them to another folder on different disk ( just like I was used to do with Outlook *.pst files ). Then I installed MS Outlook and tried to put back old files from OE to Outlook default folder. It did not work. Now I cant see my old files ( even if I try to use OE - I still cant open them) and I cant export or import old files to fresh new and empty MS Outlook. How can I recover these files or how can I load them to MS Outlook

Advertisements

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
You need to put that Outlook Express file back where it belongs for Outlook Express . Outlook Express doesn't use the same file format as Outlook. After you copy the file back to its original folder location, open Outlook Express and verify that you see your email and/or addresses.

Then open Outlook and import the mail, address, and/or settings from Outlook Express. For email and addresses, click File, Import and Export, Import Internet Mail and Addresses, Outlook Express 4.x, 5.x, 6.x, be sure to confirm the items you're importing. For mail settings, choose Import Internet Mail Settings.

Please let us know if this helps.