Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless out to wazoo!

• Please log in to reply

EthanM

EthanM

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Well lets see. I know a pretty good amount about computers for being only 16 :whistling: . I have a wireless HP 5850 printer. I want to hook my wireless printer wirelessly to my wireless router. Im not sure if I can make this any clearer. I like math so here we go.
X=Wireless printer
Y=Wireless Router
Z=My computer connected to the router through hardwire(ethernet)

XY--->yields Z
Something like that.
Please help soon. I moved into a new house and have tp print something for school soon.

Advertisements

EthanM

EthanM

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
*Continues to scratch head*

Gold_Yoshi

Gold_Yoshi

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Start>Printers and Faxes>right click the printer>sharing>click "share this printer." Then, when you go on the other computer that isn't connected through USB or whatever it is to it, find the printer on it. Open any folder in Explorer>click in the location bar and type "\\(put the computer's name that has the printer here.)">then you should see the printer. You can then right click>set as default printer.

Note-If you didn't get that this (>) means next step.

EthanM

EthanM

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
The printer has its OWN wireless signal. How do I connect that to the router or rout it to the router down into hard wire so I can print with it just chillin there.

EthanM

EthanM

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
The wireless router has its own 802.11b or w/e it is. I had this working awhile back(1-2years). It is a wireless printer. And i have a wireless router. So what IM asking is how I get the wireless router to pick up on the signal of the printer and allow me to print from my desktop wich is plugged INTO the wireless router, wireless just for my moms laptop.