Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Disabling On board Graphics

• Please log in to reply

bluntknife

bluntknife

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
i know that went i install my graphics card i have to disable the on board through devides before putting the card in, then i have to disable the on board through bios but i dont know where to find it. my motherboard has phoenix awardbios.

thanks

Advertisements

megabite

megabite

• PipPipPip
  • 527 posts
You don't have to disable it when you put your new card in......put your new card in ..restart the PC ..install the drivers for it....then restart your PC...it may disable the onboard automatically on restart.....

If not go to Bios by tapping F2 or DEL key on startup and see if there is a place to disable it there.

Dan1887

Dan1887

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
For the majority of new motherboards, the bios value is set to read from a pcie/pci vga device before going to on-board video. So it should find your video card and use that as primary vga adapter before it even tries to go to on-board video.

bluntknife

bluntknife

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
yeah ok, i looked at the bios and it is set to APG so im guessing when i install the card it will pick it up stright away.

thanks for your help