Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook express 6.0 repeated e-mail

• Please log in to reply

kruegster

kruegster

• Pip
  • 3 posts
:tazz:
I'm getting all of my e-mail from the last 4 days every time I open up outlook express.
I have roadrunner for my ISP and they say that there is nothing wrong on their end.

I was given an article # for microsoft support of 314578, and it told me to change a file name.
Well, that worked once, but then every time I open the program, it re-configures(or makes a copy) the file and I get 450 e-mails again.

Please help....... I don't know what to do next.

Thanks in advance.

Jason

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Did you check in OE and see if you are having it leave your mail on the server?

Tools>Accounts>Select Your Account(s) and then click Properties (for each account). Click Advanced tab and look at box under "Delivery". Uncheck it and see if it helps before you rebuild the Pop3uidl.dbx file (see Micro$oft Support).

Make sure your email folders are syncronized and that your pop3 account(s) online do not have a preference setting to always download all email left in Inbox. Just a guess on this.

Ron.

kruegster

kruegster

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I've done all of that. It is not checked in any of my e-mail addresses.

I've done the re-name several times and every time I open outlook express again, it re-makes the file and now I'm up to having to download 900 e-mail to get my new stuff.

Any other ideas?

Thanks
Jason

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Just something to try :

1) Open OE's Tools>Options window and select Read tab. Check "Mark message read after displaying for x second(s)".

2) Click Maintenance tab and under "Troubleshooting", check box for Mail. This will record everything (?) that OE does which you can refer to later. Maybe we can find something in the log.

Still trying to pin problem down for you. Usually everything you've done clears the problem. There's always a little box that needs attention. :tazz:

Ron

kruegster

kruegster

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Well, I'm up to 1250+ e-mail every time I open OE.
How do we look at the log to see what's going on?

Thanks
Jason