Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

For the love of Bob! Help me.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Daemon

Daemon

Security Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 4,356 posts
  • MVP
I'm not that familiar with either of them - have you checked their websites to get a list of features?

Advertisements

SEEYOUNEXTTUESDAY

SEEYOUNEXTTUESDAY

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
That would involve reading....and that's no fun. So I think I'll just boot AVAST right on out the door.
Just for the simple fact that it couldn't detect all the stuff that anti-vir found on it's initial search.
Plus I found out that anti-vir protection is real time like avast. So that's that.

Thanks Daemon for all of your help! My computer is running so much better now as far as the trojans and malware are concerned.

Do you know of a way to make temp files automatically delete themselves when the storage unit is full?

Sometimes when I'm "browsing"....my pc just stops. I can't proceed with "browsing" untill I delete all temp files,history and yada yada yada. Then everything works fine. At times I think it gets so full that it won't even let me open the control panel to delete said temp files.I have windows washer which does pretty much what the control panel does but I would like it just to clear itself out when it reaches it's capacity...is that possible? What about just turning off the temp file collection....possible?

cheers,
Ray

Daemon

Daemon

Security Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 4,356 posts
  • MVP
Can't you just set Window Washer to automatically clean your system at specified times, such as at shut down or when you close IE?

SEEYOUNEXTTUESDAY

SEEYOUNEXTTUESDAY

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Oh sure I can and I do. However,like I said it happens most often when I'm browsing. It cleans just fine at the beginning and end of all sessions but in the middle is my concern.

EX: I'll be looking at webpages and it will just freeze because the temp files are full(i'm guessing) and
I can't continue unless I stop what I'm doing and run windows washer or go to control panel....VERY annoying to say the least. Maybe I should increase the size of my temp file allocation?

Ray

Daemon

Daemon

Security Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 4,356 posts
  • MVP
Sounds like you need to - I wouldn't set it any less than 50Mb. You can adjust the size in IE via Internet Options.

SEEYOUNEXTTUESDAY

SEEYOUNEXTTUESDAY

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Well I found a setting on windows washer that washes every 15 minutes.nice.
Then I set my internet options disk space thing to 32000,which is the max.

Ray

Daemon

Daemon

Security Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 4,356 posts
  • MVP
OK. Do you require any further assistance or should I close the topic?

SEEYOUNEXTTUESDAY

SEEYOUNEXTTUESDAY

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
I think that'll do 'er. Thanx for your help and my offer still stands about the tattoo/beer thing!

Cheers,Ray Ray from Tampa Bay '07

Daemon

Daemon

Security Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 4,356 posts
  • MVP
You're welcome - glad to help :whistling: and thanks, although I'm a few thousand miles away.

As this problem has been resolved the topic will be closed. If you need this topic reopened, please email the moderating team - be sure to include the address of the thread and the name you posted under.