Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help cant delete file

• Please log in to reply

Gnarvster

Gnarvster

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

OMG!!!!!!!!!!  Thank you so much!!!!  That program was sweet.  I couldn't believe it! I started singing!!! 

Just out of curiousity, what did You sing? :tazz:

Advertisements

lounge2fly

lounge2fly

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Have you seen kill bill? It's the song that goes: Bang bang he shoot me down, bang bang, i hit the ground... :tazz:

Gnarvster

Gnarvster

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hehe, oh yes i know. That one ;) Cool film btw :tazz:

h3i

h3i

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Fantastic :D

The files gone, quick and simple.
Thank you Gnarvster for finding the cure. Thank you massivly to PeterM for his long running efforts to help myself and others in solving this pesky problem and thank you to everyone else for their input too.

Woohoo ^_^

Edited by h3i, 25 June 2005 - 12:48 AM.

Jedi

Jedi

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
Hmm, I recently couldnt delete a folder, all tehfiles could be deleted, but not the folder. Even with this program, it said, unable to delete, popped up a command prompt window with "file is in use", but it was not an executable and everything was closed. So I ended explorer and jsut deleted it normally.

Funny, all your guys files that couldnt be deleted in dos, was deleted using this program without ending explorer. And this file that I just had couldnt be deleted with the program. Explorer normally does do the job, rr DOS. But those methods didnt work for you guys. And the program didnt work for me? Is that weird or what..? hehe..

JEdi :tazz:

screwy_looie

screwy_looie

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
jedi

how do u do that thing that tells me about my isp and i.p address and stuff

screwy_looie

screwy_looie

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
i made one at danasoft how do i get it to show

Gnarvster

Gnarvster

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

...Explorer normally does do the job, rr DOS. But those methods didnt work for you guys. And the program didnt work for me? Is that weird or what..? hehe..

JEdi :tazz:

View Post

I think it was because:

1. Our files were not locked (in use) by explorer. The reason they couldn't be deleted was that they had a faulty reference in the MFT (master file table) Somehow purgeIE gets around those errors by more efficently pointing out the file for deletion.

2. Your file's reference in the MFT was probably ok, but something had locked the file from windows. Other files than exe files can be locked. So PurgeIE did probably point out the file correctly, but that was not the problem in Your case. As clearly was stated by the error "file in use". Thats why a simple dos reboot could get rid of Your file.

Jedi

Jedi

• PipPip
  • 49 posts

i made one at danasoft how do i get it to show

View Post

Put it in your signature

Gnarvster,

Yeah, cool, didn't really understand what you said, but I believe ya.

hahaha

Jedi :tazz:

Gnarvster

Gnarvster

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Gnarvster,

Yeah, cool, didn't really understand what you said, but I believe ya.

View Post

Hahah,
Well I'm guessing here as well, what's important is we got rid of the [bleep] things

Advertisements

h3i

h3i

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
f**k yeah ^_^