Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HP Pavilion zx5030 will I notice real diff btwn pc2100/2700?

• Please log in to reply

ukt

ukt

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Computer under question:

HP Pavilion zx5030 Laptop with 15.4screen
currently 256mb under keyboard and 512mb on back - both DDR333/PC2700
P4-2.8ghz
Hard Drive Hitachi Travelstar: Model#:IC25N060ATMR04-0; 60GB;ata/ide;4200rpm;8mb

eBay sourced 1GB sodimm. Only label on it states Crucial p/n: CT12864X265.16FD
Seller swears blind that is pc2700. But many searches give this as pc2100 discontinued Crucial item (ie, they move on to pc2700 and above specs)
Some other printing on label is: MT 200529; BG111R8.49; 48269
On reverse side some chips have engraved: 5LD11 D9FJH; also have following or variant of: L8C5 mT

I cannot verify what the heck the stick is as laptop in pieces as dealing with dead power socket.
and... is why am doing mem upgrade as perfect time - to be truthfull, taking appart is [for me] very slow hair raising experience :whistling:

I have sent 4/5 eBay msgs asking questions and every reply is that it's pc2700...
In final msg seller says to return and give refund.

But I not believe/trust anything seller says. IF I send then worst case is I loose price + stick...

So then - that's what I gotta find out is this: Assuming is pc2100 then the original 512mb pc2700 will downgrade to pc2100.
So ok, I would then have 1.5gb at pc2100 instead of 768mb at pc2700

???Would there be much real life cons having the new configuration?
Would the extra memory (0.75gb) even tho all 1.5gb runs slower show performance increase or what?

Basically, IF get involved with seller getting money back [safely] then is gonna be vip hassel.
So if you people think "Hey! 1.5gb at pc2100 is no slouch..." then to stop further major agony and time spent over the seller [bas**rd]! I just install and get on with it!

ALL replys totally appreciated.

Cheers from UK
Tim

ps... and - guess what, the sun is shining today :blink:

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Have you checked the part number with crucial, you can use the all other enquiries option or the freephone number

http://www.crucial.c...ts.asp?qid=4090

ukt

ukt

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Thank you Keith

Never thought to look at contact pages - called and got answer that Cruical stopped PC2100 about 6 months ago.

OK... I got taken for a ride by eBay seller.

However, is there anyone out there that could answer my question about possible performance differences (positive|negative) as written in my first post?

Regards
Tim

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
I just wanted to check it was PC2100 first, post 3 here may answer it for you

http://forums.amd.co...showtopic=33747