Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Zone Alarm interfering with Internet

• Please log in to reply

wooza

wooza

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
Hi there, i have a desktop PC and a laptop. The desktop connects to the internet through an ADSL modem, which i have no problem with. I recently set up a LAN to share the desktop connection with my Laptop. It took a couple of attempts, but eventually i realised that Zone ALarm was stopping me sharing the internet with my laptop. When i disable ZA there are no problems at all, i can use the internet on both computers, however i am not sure of the settings that i need to enter into ZA to make it allow my Laptop to use the desktops internet connection. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, as i hate to disable ZA whilst I am browsing.

Another problem that i have, is that my daughter has her own account on the desktop PC, whenever she is logged into her account, i cant get an internet connection on my laptop, whether ZA is on or not. Again I am not sure of what settings i have to change to be able to share the connection whilst my daughter is on her account.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks, Wooza

Advertisements

Bobbydoo8

Bobbydoo8

• PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
Well with the ZA problem, I would simply uninstall it from both computers and instead use AVAST!. Avast is amazing and so far(after 2 yrs), I've never got a virus while using it. Also, Avast doesn't block important stuff like internet sharing and firewall blocking problems. You can find the download for it in my sig, it's free :whistling:....

As for your daughters account I'm not sure, never use accounts.

Edited by Bobbydoo8, 20 January 2007 - 03:26 PM.