Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Safe Mode

• Please log in to reply

donnadoula

donnadoula

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
My computer has been running very s..l..o..w..l..y lately, so I went to the place that says "start here" on your website and began doing as it instructed. When I got to the place where you reboot into Safe Mode by pressing F8, it didn't work. Here is what it did.

I rebooted and pressed F8. Menu came up, I selected "Safe Mode", followed by Safe Mode Windows XP (not the exact title, probably, but you get the idea), Computer said safe mode in the 4 corners of the monitor, it loaded large icons for me to click on the appropriate administrative user. I clicked on the one I always used, and the computer took a while processing this, then it rebooted itself (not in safe mode).

I tried it again with the other Administrative user account, and it didn't work either. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for your help! I have received your help in the past, and your service is wonderful.

Advertisements