Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE 7 Problem

• Please log in to reply

wooza

wooza

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
Hi there, i recently installed Internet Explorer 7. I dont think its too bad, I still prefer Firefox but hey. The problem i am having is that, when i closed the browser window, i always get the message "An error has occured, do you wish to send the report to microsoft... etc" I tried re-installing IE7 but the error message still occurs. Does anybody have any suggestions as to how to get rid of this problem? I'm thinking of going back to IE6 it annoys me so much.

Many thanks, Wooza

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Did you uninstall IE7 before trying a re-install? (otherwise the problem is not forced to get removed).

Also, when you re-install it, make sure you disable your antivirus temporarily until it's completed. That's a must.

When the installer starts, deselect the default option to "Download the latest updates and check for spyware". This caused me problem. I deselected that option to make the installer just get on with it, and mine runs fine. You can always check for updates and spyware later, just then isn't a good time to do it unless you have a mega-fast connection. The delay fouled mine up. (only have 512kbits)

Edited by pip22, 22 January 2007 - 09:48 AM.