Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

need download for windows 98 operating system

• Please log in to reply

rylee

rylee

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
i have a older gateway astro pc modems built in monitor, well it had windows 98 well without my knowledge someone installed winxp which now i don't have a modem installed and can't seem to find it. all i have is the recovery disc for 98 not the installation. how do i get the xp out and 98 back in? any help is appreciated. ty :whistling:

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Do you want to go back to 98, or do you want us to help you get your modem installed. If the only problem is the modem, then I would try and resolve that issue.

The resolution would depend on your system specs. XP is a hefty OS.
Can you list your specs to see if there is an issue running XP.

sarahw

sarahw

Malware Staff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts
http://www.support.g...558/05558c8.htm

Reinstalling Windows® 98
The Gateway Recovery CD lets you reinstall Windows and other software to return your computer as it was when it arrived from Gateway.

If Windows does not start or is not working correctly, insert the Gateway Recovery CD and restart your computer, then follow the instructions included with the CD.

Caution
Before using the recovery CD make sure that you back up all important personal files on your hard drive. See "Backing up your files for more information about creating backup files.