Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop/Wifi disconnects?

• Please log in to reply

Jwarne

Jwarne

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
Hello,
This is the third time this has happened with laptops I've brought into the apartment, unfortunately my building's IT guy is out of town. I think its a relatively simple fix with my wifi card settings, but im not sure what they are. My computer connects to my building's wifi, but whenever I try to download something or when I access some sites the computer will disconnect and immediately reconnect, causing my downloads to cancel. I've had three laptops before and they all did this, but the IT guy just changed some of the settings and it worked fine, but I know nothing about the settings or how to access them. Its my buildings network so I don't have any access to the router or server.

Thanks,

Advertisements

Jwarne

Jwarne

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
I checked my EVENTVWR System log and keep getting the following:

The system detected that network adapter \DEVICE\TCPIP_{B7C4CDED-9BA9-4E93-A84A-A80C9B087809} was connected to the network, and has initiated normal operation over the network adapter.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft....link/events.asp.

Any clues?

Jwarne

Jwarne

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
Can anyone help me resolve the issue?

Jwarne

Jwarne

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
For as much as I've tipped people for helping me out in the past, these people can handle a repost.