Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error Code

• Please log in to reply

bsearson

bsearson

• Pip
  • 7 posts
After downloading music videos I started having a problem on the pc I use to download stuff from the internet. Kept getting message - The instruction at''0x69742074'' referenced memory at ''0x69742074'' The memory could not be written. I get this message when I try to open certain files and perform certain opererations. Then the screen goes blank and comes back to life again.
Read some previous thrreads and tried some of the stuff without any luck-could someone please help this pc caveman out.
Cheers
B

Advertisements

fozziebear

fozziebear

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
Which stuff did you try= Did you try this memory test?

bsearson

bsearson

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Man I can't even get that mamtest thing open on my pc! Trying to unzip it but having a hard time!!!!
I'm a hopeless case when it comes to pc's. Anything else I can try?
B

fozziebear

fozziebear

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
Bit more drastic than :

Go to START RUN and type sfc /scannow ( mind the bracket behind the slash)
Have your Windows disk ready and will repair any faulty files on your PC and than retry the memory test