Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BF2 LAG ISSUES

• Please log in to reply

BoneChief13

BoneChief13

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello everyone, I'm really new to this whole forum thing, but i finally broke down and asking for help.

So, here is the deal. I play battlefield 2 online, and I get some lag durnig gameplay, every 5-10 seconds of play, I would lag for 1 second. I've tried every possible solution I can imagine. I am no computer genuis or anything, but know some basic steps to try and resolve this. Here is the list of things I've been suggested to do already, with no avail.
-Looked at task running in background and closed unneeded programs
-turned off all firewalls, and virus protection programs
-turned my video card on lowest settings
-contacted my ISP, connection is great
-downloaded all driver updates
-went to geeksquad, payed an arm and a leg for them not to fix it
-ran every spyware, adware, antivirus program known too man, well probably not but close

I think thats pretty much it. Also, I had a Ati 9200, but got a NVidia 6800 GT, I really never had a problem with the old card, but I wanted to upgrade so I can play on decent to high settings. I never had problems playing until i got the new card. So, I don't know if thats the deal or not.

Can anyone help me out? I can't stand the problem. Please feel free to contact me.

Advertisements

-=blaster=-

-=blaster=-

• PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
Is this problem unique to online play or does it happen is singleplayer also?

:whistling:

BoneChief13

BoneChief13

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
You know, I noticed that it only does it when its online, it works fine off line.

paradien

paradien

• PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
im my opinoin it could be your isp cuase i also bf2 and sadly my isp is providing the quality i pay for. i pay for 3 mb down 300 kbs up and guess what im never at 3 depending on the locations fo the server and my upload is 150 , cableone "help us make you frown" if you know there moto . but stay inhope tho rumor has it the fcc is trying to pass a bill breaking any cable company monoplies so other companys will create compotion and lower prices and high quality will come my way hopefully