Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Intel 'Create & Share' camera

• Please log in to reply

Silver_Fox

Silver_Fox

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
Hi all

Having successfully used my Intel Create & Share Web Camera for the last four years on my old system running XP and SP2 I have run into a problem trying to install it on a new system running XP Mutli Media Center Edition 2004.
On running the install CD I immediately get "Intel Create & Share Software is not supported by this version of Windows".
Are the two OS's so completely different that I will have to abandon the WC and get a new one?
Intel site shows that this product is no longer supported by them.
Regards

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Without knowing the specs on the camera, (usb, pci, etc), the only thing I can find on the Intel site for drivers are Here.
Whether or not this page has the correct drivers is beyond me.

What happens if you connect the camera, go to Device manager and try to load the drivers manually? Have you tried that yet?

Silver_Fox

Silver_Fox

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
Many thanks for your quick response.
I started to follow your advice by just connecting the camera when XP grabbed it and installed it with a generic driver, I suppose.
I now have a working web camera but obviously not the useful software that came with it.
Regards and once again thanks!

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
I'm sorry, I must have misunderstood your original post. The problem is not that Windows doesn't recognize your camera, it's just that the software used with the camera is uninstallable.

I've also checked Intel for updated software, but their site says that it's no longer supported. Did you happen go give them a call? Sometimes vendors won't post something on their site for unsupported products even though they do have something that will work. Try calling them.

Silver_Fox

Silver_Fox

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
Decided to keep my Intel Web Camera with my old computer so that it's new owner, can get started with Messenger.
Unfortunately I am experiencing a problem with my new purchase, a Logitech Quickcam and am submitting a new posting. Hope you see it and help me please!!