Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD - crashing

• Please log in to reply

glen_m_32

glen_m_32

• PipPipPip
  • 255 posts
Hi,

My comp (spec below) is randomly restarting, it has happened 4 times now over the last 2 weeks!

What happens.

The comp slows down, then suddenly the blue screan apears and the computer shuts down. When i boot it up again it says that windows restarted becasue of a fatal error, send error report.

If i send it it returns a webpage about harddrive not responding for a period of time.

Thats as much as i know!

Any help would be fatastic!

Glen

PS, there is no pattern to it, sometime it will last absolutly hours, without crashing, then sometmes10mins, usually once i restart it does not do it aint at all!

Edited by glen_m_32, 22 January 2007 - 01:17 PM.

Advertisements

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
an error message(bsod) tells one what the error is, whereas auto reboot doesn't,
therefore it's best to turn off auto reboot

turn off auto reboot:

runbox command
- press keyboard buttons: winkey + r button
- paste this in slot: sysdm.cpl @0,3
- press: enter
- find in blue: startup and recovery
( just above the line: system startup, system failure, and debugging infomation)
- click button: settings
- unclick box: automatically restart

once done
the error message can be understood here
http://fleamailman.f...c.php?p=312#312