Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DirectX missing DirectPLay

• Please log in to reply

13thWhiteboy

13thWhiteboy

• Pip
  • 8 posts
DirectX is telling me that I am missing PirectPlay8.2, I have it UNziped on mycomp but still cant get DirectX to recognize its exsistance... how can I get it to work?

Advertisements

fozziebear

fozziebear

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
did you install it?here is the frsh link where you can download and install the exe. it require2 validation. as soon as it is downloaded double click the exe , install it and reboot.

13thWhiteboy

13thWhiteboy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
thats the site I downloaded it from... I just cant get it to work. the first time I tried to download it it told me taht it wasnt singed, so I turned of detect digital signatures. It downloaded and I installed it... or so I thought I did, its still not showing up. Ill try again, thanx

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Download SIW and run it and it will tell you if Directplay 8.2 is installed.

http://www.gtopala.com/

SRX660

Edited by SRX660, 23 January 2007 - 08:48 PM.

13thWhiteboy

13thWhiteboy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
so the deal with DirectX is if you download and install more then once itll just overwrite itself right... I do not have DirectPlay installed... I have a few random files that are probably left over from previous attemps but no DirectPlay. the only reason Im looking to install it is because when i run DirectX diagnostics it tells me its missing and I need to reinstall DirectX. First thing I tried was to reinstall DirectX... a message came up saying you already have DirectX or a newer version so there is no need to install(keep in mind when I say directX i mean the latest version). then I tried to download just DirectPlay(8.2)... this is where my first post starts. everytime I try to install there is an error that occurs and the install has to shut down. or the rpogram just vanishes into the OS... point being I dont know what happend to it ?how do I run the bloody Zip files? and what is the point of having DirectPlay anyway?

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Here is what I found on DirectPlay.
Something about "for gaming development".
Wikipedia