Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unsure if spyware is totally removed.[CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

amaya_k19

amaya_k19

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have tried several different things over the past month and a half, yet my computer has crashed several times. I guess by crash, I mean I lost everything and had to use system recovery because nothing else would work and I only had HP screen and then a blank screen.

I think I may have taken most of the spyware, etc. off my computer, but unfortunately took some important things off too.

I have used Spybot S&D, Ad-Aware, Trend Micro Housecall, CW Shredder, CCleaner and Kill2me. I also have McAfee software installed. I keep getting an error message that the McAfee Active Shield cannot run because my computer does not have enough disk space, yet it says drive c has 91% free. Disk defragment does not seem to work at this time either. I have done system recovery about 8 times since February. Each time, the computer is vulnerable and I attempt to get microsoft updates before another crash occurs.

I cannot click on most links or gif images that lead to links for downloads, scans etc. My computer shows no dial up or other connections. My ISP tried several things to add icon to desktop or to connections, yet the connections folder remains empty. I keep getting error messages. One of the recent ones is istsve.exe has encountered a problem and has to close. I don't know what that is, but it seems to have no effect on my computer.

When I close my computer, I get messages about HiddenFaxWindow and I'm not sure what that is.

I have a HJT log file if I need to post that.

Advertisements

Guest_thatman_*

Guest_thatman_*
Hi. Welcome to Geeks to Go!

We now have a new forum for our members Ad-Aware SE

Message from Corrine
You may ask why you should post an Ad-Aware logfile when Geeks to Go! has an active HijackThis forum. The reason is simple. With Ad-Aware SE, we can help you remove much, if not all, of the spyware/malware objects on your computer. Even if Ad-Aware SE cannot remove everything, following our instructions first will simplify the HJT process, thus allowing the HJT experts to deal with the serious issues.

So, pull up a chair, have a seat and check out the thread linked below with instructions on what you need to do to post a logfile here for our review.

http://www.geekstogo...indpost&p=78035

You can get a copy of Ad-Aware SE Personal here.

Thanks!

Kc :tazz:

Guest_thatman_*

Guest_thatman_*
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with address of this thread. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.