Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cod problem plz hlp

• Please log in to reply

Storm

Storm

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi all i hav a prob with my cod game. wen i play it, it wrks perfectly fine tis a really gd game. but say if i leave the comp and come bck to play in an hour or so the game gets really jumpy and i end up with a lot of screen lag wen playing online. after restarting the computer the game wrks fine but if i leave and come bck the problem returns. Any help on this strange prob would be great, thx alot :tazz:

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
let start with this:

also you should update your punkbuster via pbweb.exe,
This is the executable for Punkbusters Client side AUTO UPDATING using WINDOWS Operating Systems:
http://www.evenbalan...loads/pbweb.exe

Be sure to save the pbweb.exe into the home "pb" folder (C:\Program Files\Call of Duty\pb) on your hard drive and then launch PBWEB.exe. If PBWEB is not launched from inside the home "pb" directory/folder, then it will not work.

This is the easiest way to AUTO update Punkbusters from the player/client side. The game server does NOT update ALL of your game files. This way will do that for you!

I would recommend doing this even if your not having problems or if your having 999 problems along with No Packet Flow errors & PB Initialization Failures.

This can take a little while to run........this is typical!

how much memory do you have? how much freespace on your hdd, and lastly when was the last time you defraged your hdd?

starjax

Storm

Storm

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
hi thx for your hlp here are the thngs u asked for:
free space= 41.5gb
Ram=448mb

Storm

Storm

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
i also defragged bout a week ago

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
lets get the rest of your system specs: how fast is your pc, what video card are you using.

with 448 megs of ram is sounds like you have 64megs shared to the video? :tazz:

starjax

Storm

Storm

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
i dnt know what u mean by the 64 megs to the video, is tht a prob?
and here some more info i have
AMD Athlon xp 2200+
1.8 ghz
and a GeForce4 MX graphics card.

thx for any extra help u can give.