Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Lite-On combo sohc 4836k not reading data cds

• Please log in to reply

dlmgg

dlmgg

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
Please Help. I'm trying to fix my Grandmother's computer. Her cdrom used to work fine and I'm not sure what happened but now it will only play DVDs. I have searched online and found many people complaining of this issue but no answers. I tried to update the driver but they expect you to be able save it to cd. That still boggles my mind. Anyway, if anybody has heard of this before, I would appreciate your help. I have tried rebooting with no luck. I was going to crack open the tower to see if there was a loose wire but when I saw that DVDs worked then I decided not to.

Thanks,
Dawn :whistling:

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Laser's probably gone, especially if the drive's main use was reading CDs as opposed to DVDs.

If the laser has gone, the only practical solution is a new drive.