Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Motherboard connectors

• Please log in to reply

mozzer11

mozzer11

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
Hi i'm currently putting a PC together and i'm stuck with the mobo connectors. I've attached the front audio connectors but there are three connectors still not plugged in. They're R-RET, L-RET and GROUND? I know what ground is for but I already have a ground connector plugged in for the front audio as there is two. Do I need to plug them both in? What are the other two for? Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Well, i looked at all my MB's and not a single one has them. BUT, i did find this.

FRONT PANEL AUDIO CONNECTORS

a. Connect MIC VCC (MIC POWER or MIC_BIAS) and MIC DATA (MIC_IN or MIC) to correspondent motherboard connector for microphone input. (Pin#3 and Pin#1 in 10-pin audio connector) .
b. Connect EAR_L to (SPK L or L_OUT or L) and EAR_R to (SPK R or R_OUT or R) for headphone or audio output for left and right channel respectively. (Pin#9 and Pin#5 in 10-pin audio connector)
c. Connect extra (black color wire) EAR_L and EAR_R to R-RET (or NEXT_R) and L-RET (or NEXT_L) for Rear/Back panel headphone or audio output (Pin#10 and Pin#6 in 10-pin audio connector). It will send a signal to system to disable the rear audio output when front panel output device was connected. (Note: Some motherboard might not have R-RET and L-RET connectors then just leave these connectors alone.)

from
http://www.aerocool....aeroengine2.htm

An then i found this.

Posted Image

If you cannot read it i can email you the picture i took if you message me with a addy.

SRX660

Edited by SRX660, 25 January 2007 - 08:21 PM.