Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New wave/mp3 sound editor

• Please log in to reply

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
You might try this out if you really don't like Audicity. I have run both and find this Wavepad to be easier to use. I am spoiled by my Syntrillian Cool Edit 2000 but that program cost me $90 way back when. If i did not want to spend much money for a sound editor the Free Wavepad does the job quite well. I'm making ringtones for my LG cell phone as i type this out.

http://www.nch.com.a...ad/masters.html

Q. Is WavePad really free?

Yes. We make WavePad free in the hope you will like it and buy WavePad Masters Edition in the future.

The free version of WavePad also has the additional features of WavePad Master's Edition enabled for a 14-day free trial after the software is first installed. If you choose not to purchase the WavePad Master's Edition license upgrade at the end of the free trial period, the advanced features will be disabled but the standard WavePad features will continue to work.

A number of professional tools for WavePad are only permanently available for WavePad if you have purchased an upgrade to WavePad Master's Edition. These features include the batch file processor, keyboard macros, projects, bookmarks, regions and the region assembler.

So other than a few features that most people won't use everything in Wavepad works forever.

SRX660

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Moved to video/audio editing forum.

Jiff

Jiff

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
Thanks for the info SRX660! I have used Audicity in the past and liked it. I will have to give WavePad a try.

You said that you make ring tones; how do you do this? I am interested in learning how to create my own ring tones. Any tips would be great.
Thanks!

Jiff

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Topic Starter
  • Technician
  • 4,345 posts
I basically do what it says here to make ringtones for my VX8300 phone.

http://www.funformob...elp/helpQCP.php

Of couese it helps that i have a audio collection of 11,000 60's & 70's songs. I also have the cool edit 2000 program which i like quite a lot. I still like the easy use of the wavepad in fading in and out and some other things it does.

SRX660

Jiff

Jiff

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
Thanks SRX660. I'll try that out. Have you used the Free Ringtone Uploader found on the fun for mobile site? Does it work? Isn't there a way to email the tones to your phone? I thought I heard of that but I'm not sure.

Jiff

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Topic Starter
  • Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Yes, i have used their uploaded and it works fine. I just hope i don't start getting spam on the cell phone from this. I have heard that if you turn off messaging thru verizon for a week or so the spam will stop when they keep getting mail returns. We shall see.

I have been looking all over the newsgroups and internet for ways to hack the VX8300 i have. Heres what i've found.

This tutorial is especially useful for VX8300 owners, but it should work for many other models that are BitPim compatible as well. I say that it is especially useful for VX8300 owners because LG (or more likely Verizon) made it somewhat difficult for a user to add ringtones to their phone by themselves. It can only be done with a specialized tool, like BitPim. I repeat, you cannot added ringtones to your VX8300 merely by adding them to some directory on your microSD card, they must be inserted directly into your phone's memory with BitPim and a special cable hooked to the charging port.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...s_promot_widget

I am sure if you had a friend with a computer and the right program he could sent you a meassage with the ringtone embedded in it and you could save it as a ringtone. I am looking into this as a better method but it may not any better than using bitpim and a cable.

http://www.bitpim.org/

SRX660

Marshall003

Marshall003

• Pip
  • 3 posts
wave pad is yet to be tried presently downloaded FlexiMusic Wave Editor, audio /Mp3 editor.