Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Settings lost after reboot. Please help.

• Please log in to reply

tommyny04

tommyny04

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Just brought a brand new computer and I'm in the process of tuning it out trying to get back to the feel of the old one. However, this has recently just started happening but every time I reboot my computer, I lose all the settings that I may have had on before. I always have to change the resolution of my screen from my setting of the start-up resolution of 800x600 to 1400x900, where it should be. Also, I've also noticing that my codecs that I've installed the day before has stopped working as well. I now have audio but no video. Any other personal setting set the day before are also turned off. Is there any way to fix this?

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
I would first try updating your video driver. If you look in the "Display Adapters" section of Device Manager it will tell you the make/model of your video adapter from the current driver info. You can then go to the makers website too see if an update exists for that model of adapter.

Edited by pip22, 27 January 2007 - 05:23 AM.

tommyny04

tommyny04

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I checked the video drivers. They were brand new and had the latest versions already but uninstalled and reinstalled them all over but I'm still getting the same problems. I think it may be a Windows XP problem. Is there any way I could check the registry or something like that?