Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sprint DSL Connection Problems

• Please log in to reply

surry

surry

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have sprint dsl with a sprint modem, cisco 831 router, a D-Link 10/100 switch, three PCs using Win 2000 and a networked HP 7110 printer. All were working fine until I connected a PC with XP/2003. Now the dsl connection drops periodically for no apparently reason. If I connect just a PC to the sprint modem, things appear to work so sprint is not doing anything except to say not my fault. I haven't left the connection to just the sprint modem up very long because I don't want to do without the cisco configuration but so long.

I have come across a mention of mtu but don't see where that would be a problem here.

Has anyone had similar problems and any ideas?

Thanks, Surry

Advertisements