Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Issues with Network in general (Wifi)

• Please log in to reply

the_geek_dude

the_geek_dude

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
I have a 2Wire 1070 Gateway that's connected to a Linksys WRT54GS and have...

2 Laptops and a Nintendo Wii connected by Wi-Fi
1 Desktop connected by LAN cable

it was all perfect.. until 3 weeks ago
i first started to noticed that the downloads i made with Firefox on one of the laptops suddenly stopped, i thought it was normal cause it had a low signal

but then i noticed the same stuff on the desktop PC
and now..
some You Tubes video don't load at 100% and ALWAYS stop at the exact time on all the computers AND the Wii
(for example this one)

last..
my Wii can't be updated -__-
the update always stops in the same point and i get error 32004

What the... happened to my connection, i would love some help please
thanks

Advertisements

acklan

acklan

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 442 posts
  • MVP
Did you have a power outage about the time the problem occurred? From what I find the 2Wire has a built in router. If this is the case you will have to set the Linksys in bridged mode to allow the 2Wire to perform as a router and limit the Linksys to be a Wireless Access Point, and not a router.
have you tried re-running the Linksys setup software.

the_geek_dude

the_geek_dude

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Did you have a power outage about the time the problem occurred? From what I find the 2Wire has a built in router. If this is the case you will have to set the Linksys in bridged mode to allow the 2Wire to perform as a router and limit the Linksys to be a Wireless Access Point, and not a router.
have you tried re-running the Linksys setup software.

mmm
yeah i have a power outage about the time this problem happened
mmm, how do i limit the Linksys? and i don't use a setup software, prefer to set them up manually
but..
i don't know how to fix this now n_nU

acklan

acklan

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 442 posts
  • MVP
Here is a Linksys help article that describes how to "Cascade" two routers. It refers to two Linksys but just apply these settings to your Linksys should do.
Cascading to Linksys routers