Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Please, help! My DVD-RW is burning too slow.

• Please log in to reply

dragues

dragues

• PipPip
  • 74 posts
Hi, two months ago, I bought an LG DVD-RW 18x GSA-H22N. I burned my DVDs in 5:30 minutes and my CDs in 2 minutes.

But a few days ago it started burning my DVDs in 35 minutes and my CDs in 6 minutes. The burn proccess is always success, I give it also data verification and success.

I tried using three differentes programs, nero express, nero burning rom and alcohol 120 and it burns in 35 minutes my DVDs and also in 6 minutes my CDs.

I think this problem started when I try to crack anyDVD program with a registry key. But I'm not sure. I tried using restore system without any success.

Please, help me. Thanx.

Sorry for my english, hehe.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Are you using exactly same brand of discs when comparing slower burn times with the previous burn times? Most burning software checks the 'real' reliable burning speed of media and adjusts it accordingly.

The max burning speed claimed by the manufacturer on some cheaper discs is not necessarily the actual speed which is reliable for burning error-free. That's why the burning software constantly monitors it.

Another factor is the amount of fragmentation of your hard disk if that's the source of the data you are burning from.
Defragment the disk to see if it improves things.

Edited by pip22, 29 January 2007 - 02:15 AM.