Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Free web editors

• Please log in to reply

hornet_hockey

hornet_hockey

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
Are there any free dreamweaver- like (but obviously not to that extent) web editors out there that I dont know about?

Advertisements

thenotch

thenotch

• Retired Staff
  • 668 posts
This has been beat to death here... I suggest doing a search of the forums for "html editor" and you should get plenty of threads talking about this...

NVU is the one most people know about that is free but there are others out there...

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
I don't know if it's still available for free but the Ace HTML editor was very good, but not a WYSIWYG type of editor. You could edit dozens of pages in a session, import text, do all sort of things, then check your results in a browser.

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
I agree with thenotch, a beaten to death topic. Someone did not bother to search the forums :whistling:

If I wanted a WYSIWYG, What You See Is What You Get, editor (which I don't) I would use NVU.