Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

InstaFinderK

• Please log in to reply

wbvi

wbvi

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I am cleaning up my pc using add or remove programs and I have found InstaFinderK about which I know nothing. A web search does not turn up a good description. Does anyone here know what it does and why I might need it or not? Thank you for your assistance.

Advertisements

Remailer

Remailer

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
It is not used by windows AT ALL. Sounds like adware or spyware to me... Kill it.

Kristy

Kristy

Visiting Consultant

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts
This is what I found about InstaFinderK:

UNSAFE Application/Process Description
Below is a basic description of the application/process you have selected. This application may not be safe to have on your computer. If this application is running on your computer, it is advised that you scan your computer for both viruses and spyware/adware immediately.

Click here to download Super Ad Blocker to block over 1500 harmful applications. Now includes SuperAntiSpyware to detect and remove these harmful applications!
Summary : InstaFinderK BHO

Company : Unknown

Description : InstaFinderK browser helper object

Spyware applications are responsible for any number of potential privacy violations. Adware applications are responsible for serving various types of advertising.

This application may exhibit the features of adware, spyware, or both.

Threat Level (1-10) : 5

Processes : (varies)
INSTAF~1.DLL

CLSID List : {4E7BD74F-2B8D-469E-90F0-F66AB581A933}

So I would say definitely get rid of it.