Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Video card causing almost permanent reboot?

• Please log in to reply

anarchypower

anarchypower

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Dear readers,

my problem started when my computer was infected with a virus (Trojan-Downloader/LX). I couldn't get

the virus removed with any virusscanner. I tried all. (Trend micro, McAfee, Norton, Kaspersky,

F-Secure, G-Data, NOD32, ...) Anyways, I decided to format my computer, hoping to solve the problem

this way.
And I did. The virus is removed...lol

But now I have this strange problem:

Right after I installed windows xp pro sp2, I installed the mobo drivers. Next I installed my

3D-card's drivers. After rebooting, my computer just crashed :s
I tried to start it up again but when I press the power button my computer boots up for like 3

seconds and shuts down again for 3 seconds...than he boots up again for 3 seconds and shuts

down...again and again, nothing appears on the screen...After about 20 to 30 loops, my computer

finaly booted to windows...After working for about 15 minutes in windows he crashed again...Again it

took 30 loops of boot and shutdown to get back into windows. Than the computer told me my 3D card

was causing the system's instability :S but how can a windows xp driver influence my computer's

startup? I installed the cd that was provided with the 3D card etc...What did I do wrong?
When he is looping nothing appears on the screen...It's just black...My CPU fan is power on and

powered off every 3 seconds...That why I know he's constantly booting and shutting down :s but why?

Does anyone have some ideas what could be wrong?

Advertisements