Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

It started with a something i got from a CDkey gen

• Please log in to reply

kayak184

kayak184

• Pip
  • 2 posts
A, I attempted to recover a CD key for a game I had but had lost the box\cdkey. Instantly after installation Avast and Spysweeper fired off left and right it was all I could do to fend off the attack. I disconnected from my wireless network by disabling my connection and began the long road to recovery. In total I have run Adaware, Avast, and spysweeper full scans and cleaned up and deleted what i could. I then went into safe mode and did the same thing and found many more and again I cleaned up and deleted what I could. I connected the problem to a program called ctpmon.exe I believe. There were two identical processes running, and i could not close. I then searched for anything on my comp with that name and tried to delete but came up with the rite protected or in use error message, I then discovered that by taking thing files and putting them in a new folder you can then move that folder and delete IT instead of the programs and it will allow you to delete. I was then able to turn off the Cptmon.exe. That is where I am left now,
Symptoms
1 during shut down, computer stops on "windows is shutting down" message and it just wont turn off
2 for only a minute or two after my computer is loaded up again i have Internet access.
a. The internet then comes up a unable to load page error message (in mozilla firefox)
3. when I attempt to disable the connection the wireless network properties menu will freeze in that window trying to perform that processes.
a. I have recently notices that there are a # of svchost.exe processes running, and when i attempt to disable the wireless one svchost.exe will jump to the top of my memory usage list and when I end task on it, the wireless network properties menu will kick back a failed connection menu and I am able to use the properties menu again.

I do believe that I have covered all that I can recall, I will be reposting again with a list of all the processes that are running, but I had to post this message from another computer. I would really appreciate any help possible. Thanks
Shane

Advertisements

kayak184

kayak184

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
its me again comming at you with a full list of processes that my comp is currently running with nothing going on. all are a .exe so i will not include that
system idle processes system 16k
Realsched user 196k
system system 224k
smss sys 392k
lsass sys 1,160
aswUpdSv sys 1,272
msmsys user 1,472
lxbbbmon.exe user 2,068 (this one worries me due the "mon"suffix
wdfmgr local services 2,068k
jusched.ede user 2,304k
AshMaSv sys 2,352
qttask user 2,660k
lxbbbmgr user 2,752k
ati2evxx sys 2,768k
ati2eve user 3,392k
DEVDET~1.exe user 3,428k
LEXPPS user 3,576k
ashDisp user 3,628k
svchost network serveces 3,648k
alg local servecies 3,708k
LEXBCES sys 3,736k
viewMgr sys 4,060
winlogon sys 4,076k
csrss sys 4,232k
svchost sys 4,348k
svchost network services 4,356k
taskmgr user 4456k
svchost local services 4520k
apdproxy user 4,948k
svchost sys 5140
spoolsv sys 5400k
services sys 5604
svchost sys 9348
explorer user 16,396k
spysweeper user 18,240k

Please, if you see any of these as a problem or something that shoulnt be there please let me know!!! Thanks!!!

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.