Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vista ?

• Please log in to reply

Shady

Shady

• PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
so which version of Vista is everybody going to get. after reading a different thread in here, i am thinking of going "Vista Home Premium." im also thinking of waiting until SP1 comes out for it, that way i know SOME of the bugs are worked out. but with the price of the program (FULL) being so cheap, i can't refuse :whistling:

Advertisements

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
Only 2 more hours!!

Im not sure, when I get a new pc/laptop, I might go with the Vista Home Premium Premium as well or maybe Ultimate if I have enough.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Home Premium is probably the best choice for most people. If you later decide you want to upgrade to Ultimate, you can do it using Anytime Upgrade in the control panel, and get it for a reduced price.

MatthewG

MatthewG

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
I got Home Premium OEM, $20 for my curiosity of the new 'Aero' interface and whatever else is worth it!

Shady

Shady

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
is it worth buying now, or do you think it would be best to wait until a service pack comes out? either way, i probably cant afford it until at least April

MatthewG

MatthewG

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
I really have no educated answer for that one. My reason is because I will be building a whole new system and need an OS anyways...

Shady

Shady

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
im just wanting to upgrade my current system. i am in the process of building another one. if i buy Home Premium, i will be able to buy another key for whatever cost and install the copy i have onto that machine, correct? (if i understood what i read about it).

Sp3ke

Sp3ke

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
Yea, i'm going with home premium. Overall it seems by far the best.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Vista Servce Pack 1 is scheduled to be released the second half of 2007, around the same time as Longhorn Server. I really haven't seen any bugs or issues with Vista that would cause me to recommend anyone to wait -- except with the 64-bit editions. It's very stable, and much more secure than XP. Some applications will need to be updated, and OpenGL support isn't avaiable for all video cards yet, but should be soon.