Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How do I restore Ghost file?

• Please log in to reply

Onestep

Onestep

• PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
I have Norton Ghost (version 9.0) and I did a backup of my C drive and now I want to restore that C drive but can't figure out how to restore it. Can someone please help me? When i did the backup of my C drive I put it on my D drive. Its just 2 files. Many thanks

Advertisements

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
You need to boot from the Norton Ghost 9 CD. To do this put it in you computer and then turn the computer off. When you turn it on again tap the F12 or some times F2 or F8.

Once this works you should be given a list of devices to boot from, one of which will be your CD drive.

Once you boot from the CD if I remember right you go to Advanced Recovery Tasks then Restore Drive. It will guide you though restoring the drive images, it all very self explanatory.

Michael

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Some versions of the Ghost CD require you to change to the Support folder on the CD (through the DOS prompt that you get after booting from the disk) and run the Ghost program from there.