Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

General Lag

• Please log in to reply

imafool4u

imafool4u

• PipPip
  • 95 posts
With a few games including Knights of the Old Republic I+II and The Matrix Path of Neo, which are games with semi-good graphics, I sometimes experience lag. It happens more in environmental scenarios, which make have something to do with this, and it's playable, but laggy.

Anyway I have some of my system specs listed below, just a general diagnosis of why I get the lag so I can decide what to put money on would be nice :blink:

AMD Sempron 3000+ ~2.0GHz
448mb RAM
GeForce 5500FX 256MB OC graphics card
Sabrent 6-Channel 5.1 3D Surround Sound PCI Card
WIRELESS mouse :whistling:

Thanks!

Advertisements

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Well your Geforce 5500 card isn't the greatest thing in the world but have you tried reducing some of the graphics settings? Turning off antialising and Anisotropic filtering?

imafool4u

imafool4u

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
Turned everything to low and changed refresh rate back and forth but still get the lag...

nvidia.com says they have the forceware graphics drivers that might be compatible for my card, but when I install those I get this weird audio lag along with some visual lag. The KOTOR recommended specs only lists 256mb ram as a requirement, so it may or may not be RAM.

Given my gfx card, what drivers should be installed?

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
84.21 was the last staple driver. The 9X.XX series have had problems.

imafool4u

imafool4u

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
Thanks..installing 84.21 drivers now :whistling:

imafool4u

imafool4u

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
Okay I still get the lag, and I'm running out of ideas on what it is :whistling: