Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SIS5595 motherboard

• Please log in to reply

shell38

shell38

• PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
Hi

A friend of mine is trying to bring new life to an older pc with another motherboard SIS5595 the trouble we are now having is which wire plugs in where. We have searched the internet for a diagram of this but to no avail. Was wondering if anyone new bout this sort of motherboard or cld direct me with a link for a diagram showing where all the wires ie power switch speakers etc .

Many thanx
shell

Advertisements

sarahw

sarahw

Malware Staff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts
SIS make chipsets and southbridges and do not have manuals or product\technical support. Who is the manufacturer of the motherboard? What is the model number? I -or someone- can then get you a manual or diagram telling you where to connect everything.

shell38

shell38

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
Hi

Thanx this is all i can find on the mother board SIS 5595 Chipset and XCEL 2000 that is all there is. The only other thing is maybe try take a picture of it and u might reconise it..... if not will have to give up on this mother board and try something new.

Many thanx
Shell

sarahw

sarahw

Malware Staff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts
I searched around for about 45mins.
Yes, put it in this thread as a thumbnail link.

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Does your motherboard look like this one?

http://www.sprintcom...b/h-m748mr.html

Scroll down 1/3 the page. PC Chips used a lot of excel made motherboards years ago. I still may have a old one around here somewhere. I probably boxed it up and stuck in in my time machine storage( shop attic, LOL).

SRX660

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
PC Chips does have a pinout choice you can look up.

http://www.pcchips.c...P...100&LanID=2

And here are the manuals where you can find the pinouts for your motherboard.

http://www.pcchipsus...ued-manuals.asp

SRX660

Edited by SRX660, 02 February 2007 - 03:11 AM.

shell38

shell38

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

I searched around for about 45mins.
Yes, put it in this thread as a thumbnail link.

Forgive my innocence but not sure how put it in as a thumbnail link. Have asked my friend who is trying to do this for my son to take a pic and i will try and do it for you.

Thanx
shell

shell38

shell38

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Does your motherboard look like this one?

http://www.sprintcom...b/h-m748mr.html

Scroll down 1/3 the page. PC Chips used a lot of excel made motherboards years ago. I still may have a old one around here somewhere. I probably boxed it up and stuck in in my time machine storage( shop attic, LOL).

SRX660

Hi have sent a pic of this motherboard to my friend and asked him to have look wen he gets in from work thanx for all your kind help and support

Shell

shell38

shell38

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
Going to try see if i do this right have got a picture of the motherboard i am on about. lets hope this is right.
thanx alot shell

Attached Thumbnails

• Motherboard.jpg

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
It would have been better if i know what the model number on the motherboar is. I do not want to download all the files and look thru each one to find yours. Look at all writing on the motherboard and look for the numbers and letters that are on the product guides at the link i gave you. In one of the PDF manuals there is a diagram of your motherboards wiring setup.

Ok, i think i have the right motherboard manual. It is in word so you may have to download microsofts word viewer. I think the motherboard is the 748LMRT file.
In the Part2-2wn file is the wiring for all the different hardware there.

By the way i have the serial and parallel ports, and i think 56Kmodems that hook into these motherboards. They take special fitting that are not like any others i have seen.

SRX660

Edited by SRX660, 02 February 2007 - 06:51 PM.

shell38

shell38

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
Many many thanx to all who have made comments on this problem. Managed to download the wiring for the motherbord and its now turning on and going just got do usual checks but far as can see its all ok

So once again u have done a very good job and cant thank u enough

Best wishes
Shell