Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Yahoo! Photos E-mail Invitation Problem

• Please log in to reply

Anne

Anne

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
I have posted photos onto my Yahoo photo account and have shared them via an e-mail invitation. One of the recipients was viewing the photos and saw a picture of herself that she felt was horrible, horrible, horrible (you know how vain we women are!) She wanted to delete the photo so no one would see it, not knowing that she couldn't do this. When she right-clicked on the photo, the closest thing she saw was "Block images from us.a2.yahoofs.xxxxx." This, of course, ended up blocking all images. She does, however, see all the file names listed in the albums.

This user accessed the photos through the link provided in the e-mail (she uses Outlook Express) and her default browser is Mozilla Firefox. Her O/S is XP. I have tried the following, all of which have failed to allow her to view the images again:

1. Looked through Firefox for blocked websites. I couldn't find any list.

2. Asked user to right-click on the file name and select Reload. When I was trying to emulate what she did on my end, I selected Block images... and when I right-clicked again, I had the option of just unchecking the block images selection. She didn't have the option to uncheck, it didn't show again as an option.

3. I then made the 2 albums public instead of private and sent her the link to access them. No luck, the same thing happened.

Does anyone have a clue as to how we can unblock these images so she can view the albums? I would just send her the photos but there are about 200 of them, so it really isn't an option. BTW, I don't have physical access to her computer, so I have to instruct via e-mail or over the phone.

Thanks for ANY advice you can give me.

Anne

Advertisements