Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Signal Strength

• Please log in to reply

jwardy07

jwardy07

• PipPip
  • 85 posts
Hi my wireless router is stuck behind a very large fridge, and i imagine from that, that i will be losing a lot of signal, i cant keep laying down 100ft ethernet cable to get decent internet speeds because i have a poor wireless connection, the position of the router is tbh the only place i can have it in the house due to the only placement of telephone line, does anyone have any ideas of wat i can do? somehow movin the router or something i dont know, i just need a decent signal, can anyone help or with any ideas

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
how does the router connect to your modem? or is the router your modem? would it be possible to place the router ON TOP of the fridge instead of behind it? (i hope to god you mean behind as in on the side of it and not behind as in near the hot stuff on the back)...the higher you can place a wireless router (within reason) the better coverage you'll get

jwardy07

jwardy07

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
theres a wall that seperates the fridge and router (of which has a built in modem), so not much chance of putting it on top of fridge

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
so it's through a wall AND a fridge

jwardy07

jwardy07

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts