Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Nvidia driver problem

• Please log in to reply

Heinrich1858

Heinrich1858

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My windows went on blue screen suddenly. Even if I left it on and only on the desktop for a while.(about 10mins till crash)
The error I got was n4_disp.dll which is an nvidia driver file. I did uninstalld my nvidia 81.88 driver and used
driver cleaner 3.3 in safe mode to get rid of the files left after uninstall.

The problem is that with the newest drivers I keep getting the same error. I have a geforce4 mx440 64mb graphics card.

I should mention that I have 2 hard drives one has xp sp2(old installation) and the xp sp1(new installation)
I use the new installation most of the time as it works best. but some of my games are on the xp sp2 hard drive and I have to boot up with it to play the games.

The driver that works best is the nvidia 45.23 and 71.84 but then I cannot play brian lara 2005 cricket game. The game crashes after a short while(no blue screen but goes back to desktop). All other games work with the 45.23 or 71.84 drivers although I still have to test counterstrike cs.( brian lara 2005 however works fine with all the new drivers so I have to uninstalll and install new drivers to play the game- all the other games give me a blue screen error n4_disp.dll after 2-10 mins depending on the driver I use )

However even 45.23 which is the best driver gives problems after say 3 hous or so(which isn't really a problem)

Is there a way to find a driver that will work for all games(or an nvidia patch or fix). And why the n4_disp.dll error with the new drivers. I got them from nvidia's site but I have also tried ngo and forceware drivers.

Could this be an error with the graphics card or the chipset?

Advertisements