Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet connection problems

• Please log in to reply

captainmission

captainmission

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hi, i'm having problems with my web browser. When trying to connect to websites i'm getting the message: Alert: page not found or Alert: cannot connect to... This was previously a problem as i could only connect to certain websites (google, wikipedia, hotmail) but not others, however recently this has effected all websites. This is both on Firefox and IE. This is also effecting connections on online games.

The icon at the bottom right of the windows xp task bar says the network connection is functioning, as does the setup page of the wireless router (a speed touch 700). Other computers using the wireless router are able to get internet connections.

i've tried altering the security and fire wall settings but to no avail. I've also tried reseting the router but at the end of the resesting process it says it can't connect to 192.168..... (my IP address)

If anyone could help it would be greatly apprieated.

Advertisements

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
After you reset the router did you save the network settings?

Maybe the router reverted back to the factory defaults. Depending on your network IP scheme that may be the problem.