Edited by mrbeer, 31 January 2007 - 05:55 PM.
office 2003 pro
Posted 31 January 2007 - 05:52 PM
Posted 31 January 2007 - 06:38 PM
1. Browse to c:\program files\microsoft office. Do you see a folder called Office11? Are there folders and files inside it?
2. Does Microsoft Office still show up in Add/Remove Programs?
3. Please take a screen shot of the errors you get while trying to reinstall Office - use the Alt key and the PrtScn key at the same time. This will take an image of the active window. Open Paint (or any other graphics program) and paste the image using Ctrl+V (Ctrl key and the V key together). Save them as JPG format, and attach them to this thread
4. Check the Event Viewer for other Warnings or Errors that occur at the same time you tried to install Office. To get to the Event Viewer, click Start, Control Panel, Administrative Services, Event Viewer. On the left side of the screen are three categories: Application, Security, and System. Check under Application and System for any events that are listed as Warnings or Errors, that also have a date and time that correspond to the error. Once you have an event open, you can click the "copy to clipboard" icon (just below the down arrow) to copy the error text, then you can paste it in a reply to this thread.
Posted 01 February 2007 - 06:46 PM
2. no , microsoft office does not show up in add/remove programs .
3. i work very poorly with " paint " and am a little wary of it . but , i will try .
4. i went to the event viewer and found more warnings and errors that i can shake 2 sticks at. i will try to sort out the relative things as they relate to office only . it will be a day or 2 as i have to attend to some other matters . after i get the results of your remaining requests , i will post them. thanks for your help thus far . later .
Posted 04 February 2007 - 08:07 AM
Posted 04 February 2007 - 08:21 AM
See Microsoft article 326246 for additional support options.
Posted 04 February 2007 - 09:00 AM
Posted 05 February 2007 - 04:14 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users