Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My slave hard drive has dissapeared

• Please log in to reply

thenoble1

thenoble1

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:whistling:
About a month ago I installed a slave hard drive to my computer. Yesterday my computer was over heating and my new drive was ticking loudly so I shut my computer down and turned everything off for an hour. Now my slave hard drive is missing. It shows in setup but windows doesnt show it nor recognises it any wear else [add hardware and computer mangement(local)].
How do I get it back, can I get it back and will I lose anything/everything on it

Advertisements

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
welcome to geektogo

before one goes about tweaking the system, I would suggest slaving it somewhere else, or an external harddrive caddie because it sounds very much like it is dead now and it is better to know if it is before continuing

Edited by fleamailman, 02 February 2007 - 04:03 AM.