Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Roxio EMC 9

• Please log in to reply

hotwheels681

hotwheels681

• Pip
  • 3 posts
After installing and using Roxio EM9 since Dec 12, 2006, I have burnt many CD's and converted CD's to MP3. On Jan 26, while trying to burn a CD Roxio crashed, this is the error: Roxio_central33.exe application error The instructions at "0x7778dcc6" referenced memory at "0x00000008" the memory could not be "read". So these are the steps I took,
First I tried a repair via the control panel and received an error:
“The feature you are trying to use is a network resource that is unavailable”.
Second I remove the complete program and reloaded with original CD. After installation I tried a burn with the same original shutdown memory error.
Third I tried a repair through the control panel and this time it acted as if it took. I tried another burn with the original shutdown memory error.
Then I proceeded to Roxio's "Ask RoxAnn" and after going through all her FAQ's I tried contacting, and got a web ticket that they would be advising me, after no reply on Jan 30 i again contacted and was informed my ticket was updated. In the meantime I contacted HP as I thought this might be an error as a direct result of something amiss on the hard-drive or drivers and after I have gone through many procedures and possible final suggestion is to "reformat", yea right. I am looking for another outside advice. I use this system for mainly Photoshop "CS2" and music and run an external hard-drive for storage. I have Norton's installed and have had much problems, so I am looking to change. What could be steps to isolate the error and repair. One suggestion is removing and reinstalling Roxio in safe mode? I don't see the point? I am having a hard time understanding where to go as Roxio worked for sometime and I haven't made any changes or downloads to my CPU. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
did you check to see if there was a patch or update available for Roxio?

hotwheels681

hotwheels681

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
That would have been before anything else I did.