Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Call of duty 2 on vista

• Please log in to reply

dilox1

dilox1

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Ok first of all :whistling: Hey.

Well I've decided to install Window's Vista.
Any way.

My system:
AMD Sempron 2800+ ~2.00Ghz
512Mb DDR 333Mhz
Dual 250Gig's
Nvidia Ge-Force 6600LE Clocked @ 440Mhz

Problem:
I have installed call of duty 2 it works but to start the game up it takes roughly about 15 - 25mins to start up after that it runs perfect... I'm thinking its some thing to do with the start up movies but i have no idea...
I know others that are running Vista & playing cod2 on it as well. I have tried to Google this but nothing helpful has poped up. All i know is that when i go into task manager Call of duty is not responding. Hoping you guys can help.

Dylan

Advertisements

dilox1

dilox1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Ok well thanks any way...

Problem fixed... Set to run as administrator and make it run in xp service pack 2 in the properties area of the shortcut =/

Dylan.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
I would maybe go back to XP for that system youll get better performance and that system is not powerful enough that it can spare the juice to run vista for a modern mid to high end system its fine but your system is on the slow side and it really doesn't have enough memory.

h_mike

h_mike

• PipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Ok first of all :whistling: Hey.

Well I've decided to install Window's Vista.
Any way.

My system:
AMD Sempron 2800+ ~2.00Ghz
512Mb DDR 333Mhz
Dual 250Gig's
Nvidia Ge-Force 6600LE Clocked @ 440Mhz

Problem:
I have installed call of duty 2 it works but to start the game up it takes roughly about 15 - 25mins to start up after that it runs perfect... I'm thinking its some thing to do with the start up movies but i have no idea...
I know others that are running Vista & playing cod2 on it as well. I have tried to Google this but nothing helpful has poped up. All i know is that when i go into task manager Call of duty is not responding. Hoping you guys can help.

Dylan

It is recommended to have at least 1.5 GBs of RAM to run Vista decently. Also at that, you would be playing a big game like Call of Duty 2, You really need to take out Windows Vista Ultimate and go back to Windows XP. Unless you plan on adding at least another Gigabyte of RAM into your PC.

BOTTOM LINE: Low memory for such high requirements for those two applications (Windows Vista Ultimate, and Call of Duty 2) will not cut it. As long as you do not upgrade, or remove Vista, your PC and your gaming experience will suffer.

Edited by hayabusa_mike, 04 February 2007 - 09:33 AM.

swordofdestiny

swordofdestiny

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Can he go back to XP now though? Seeing as Vista literally destroys the XP key so that it doesn't work for registration if I recall correctly. I've heard it as once you get vista installed, unless you used a workaround to keep your xp key intact, you can't reformat to xp.

dilox1

dilox1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
It doesn't matter any more i am back on Windows XP and not using the stupid Vista OS.
and it ran at 85 fps on direct x 9 on cod2 so there is no ram problems there at all. I have no idea what Microsoft was thinking when they recommend 1.5gb ram most computer (basic) stores but 512mb in a normal computer =/
Dylan