Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE Download Dissppears

• Please log in to reply

rockamania2005

rockamania2005

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
When i go to download anything in IE (the newest verison, The one with the tabs) or even go right click save image, it closes down on me.
I have reinstalled it but still it happens

Help Please???

Advertisements

h_mike

h_mike

• PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
Well lets be clear here. Do you mean IE7 closes, or the download window/applet closes after the download is complete?

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Can you be a bit more specific? Does IE7 "encounter an error and needs to close" or does the download dialog vanish? Do you get a downlog dialog (the box that lets you navigate to where you are saving it to) Did you reinstall IE7? How did you do that?
Johanna

rockamania2005

rockamania2005

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
I click on save when the boxs comes up and it all closes down, nothing comes to say anything about a errors

h_mike

h_mike

• PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
What closes down? Just the download window, or the entire Internet Explorer 7 closes down with the download or what else is happening if those issues aren't happening?

rockamania2005

rockamania2005

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
the whole IE7 Plus the download window closes. Its just like i hit the close the button but i havent.

h_mike

h_mike

• PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
I am not sure what could be causing that. Does a conflict appear, such as an error causing this? If so try uninstalling and reinstalling Internet Explorer 7.

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Please look in the Event Viewer (In Admin Tools) and report any errors relating to IE that you find there that happen about the time your IE disappears.
Johanna

rockamania2005

rockamania2005

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
Could you make that easier to understand.
what event viewer?

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Go to Start> Run and type eventvwr.msc and press Enter. Look under Application or System for corresponding errors.
Johanna

millerman996

millerman996

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
Or mabey even trying to uninstall and reinstall through safe mode with networking, you might have an issue with spyware. Just a thought if all else fails.

rockamania2005

rockamania2005

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Go to Start> Run and type eventvwr.msc and press Enter. Look under Application or System for corresponding errors.
Johanna

i have a [bleep] lot of warnings.
What should i do about them?
should i instill Hijack and Post the log???

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Posting a sampling of the relevant errors would be helpful.
Johanna