Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Win95 account help

• Please log in to reply

efc4ever

efc4ever

• Pip
  • 6 posts
hi, my old win95 pc was from a school about 6years ago, at the moment i can only log on as a student which restrics what i can do on it, is there a way i can remove all the account so i can use just 1 account with admin capabilities?
thanks

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Windows 95 did not have any built in method of creating admin and non-admin accounts as far as I can recall. The concept of having separate user accounts (like XP) had not been thought of then. While it was possible to have separate login passwords for each user, that was only to preserve each user's Desktop setup like wallpaper and icon layout, but it did not restrict what each user could do.

I imagine your school must have installed some third-party software to impose restrictions on what the students could do. If you can find and uninstall that software I imagine you would then have full access to all Window's features.

Edited by pip22, 03 February 2007 - 07:06 AM.

efc4ever

efc4ever

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
thanks for that, your are correct there is no seperated accounts, im not at all experienced with 95 so its completely new, basically when i try to acess things such as internet setting i get the message "cannot gain access becuase of restricions" something along the lines of that.

efc4ever

efc4ever

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
any ideas how to remove this admin thing?