Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PLEASE PLEASE HELP - WinSpyware Pro 2007

• Please log in to reply

paul77

paul77

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am pretty average in my computer skill, but I had a bubble pop up in my desktop saying that Windows had noticed I have spyware and that I should download the latest spyware removal software. What a mistake!!! It seemed like a genuine Windows XP bubble.

I have downloaded WinSpyware Pro 2007 (I think that is what it is called - and I think that is what has caused the problem). I have tried doing a search on this forum but can't seem to find anything. I hope I don't annoy any of you but I am pretty lost and hope I haven't posted in the wrong area etc. Sorry again.

This thing has installed itself and the computer has gone very slow and switches itself off only a few minutes after start-up. I read a post on this forum concerning 'Hijack this' and tried to follow this but I got to safe mode start up, put in the paths and it could not find Hijack this. Should I not be looking at this post? ANd I don't know how to do the logs thing and what their relevance is.

Anyway I am presently sat with my laptop next to the computer which doesn't work and this same computer is sat in safe mode with a blue screen saying it cannot find Hijackthis.exe Regarding my following of the Hijackthis post, I had to download VundoFix on to this laptop, burn it to CD and install it very quickly on the desktop computer (which has the problem). I had to do this because by the time my computer (which is old and slow) has got everything up and running the WinSpyware Pro 2007 logo comes up on the screen and everything ends. I cannot get online because of how it is slowing my system down.

Can somebody please help. I would throw the computer out but we have every picture taken of our children on this and never took a back-up or prints. I am desperately worried.
Please please help

By the way - I cannot even do the atf clean-up (or any step of what I should do before posting) - as it runs so slowly then switches off.

Edited by paul77, 03 February 2007 - 05:09 PM.

Advertisements