Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Paintshop Pro

• Please log in to reply

timeout

timeout

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have made a gif of an adult's hand with a babies hand clutching a finger and placed this on a satellite picture of the world. On the screen the proportions looked ok, but when it is printed out the adult hand is too big.

Could someone please help me to correct this. Thank you

Advertisements

Dragon

Dragon

All Around Computer Nut

• Retired Staff
  • 2,682 posts
can you attach the pspimage file for this I will see what I can do for ya.

Edited by Dragon, 04 February 2007 - 06:28 PM.

Camellia

Camellia

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Dragon

Thank you for your offer to help. I am very much a novice and really appreciate you are willing to help.

Keep smiling
Camellia

Attached Thumbnails

• Elliot._and_the__world.jpg

Dragon

Dragon

All Around Computer Nut

• Retired Staff
  • 2,682 posts
when you made this image, did you save it in the layers version? If not I will see what I can do to make it work. Also, are you wanting this to be printable on stock 8.5x11.5 paper?

Edited by Dragon, 04 February 2007 - 09:39 PM.

Camellia

Camellia

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Far out!!! Thank you for being so prompt with your reply. MMM I am almost certain I didn't save it in layers version. Self teaching isn't always the best. Thank you, yes I do want to print this pic as well.

Keep smiling
Camellia

Dragon

Dragon

All Around Computer Nut

• Retired Staff
  • 2,682 posts
in that case, could you please supply me with the images you used to make this? I will send you a pm with my email address so you can email them to me.

Camellia

Camellia

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Thank you for your generosity, Dragon. I will email you the pics when the satellite passes over my part of the world again within the next 20 hours or so.

Keep smiling
Camellia

Dragon

Dragon

All Around Computer Nut

• Retired Staff
  • 2,682 posts
ok I will patiently wait for them

Dragon

Dragon

All Around Computer Nut

• Retired Staff
  • 2,682 posts
I have sent the image to you via email.
When you work with one image that is bigger than the image you want to work on, you need to resize that image. So for this to work I edited the picture of the baby's hand holding the adult hand to remove the background. I then resized this image twice each time by 50% so that at 100% it would overlay properly on the image of the earth.

Copy and pasted the two hands as a new layer to the earth image, and that was it.

I also ran a test print to make sure it would print correctly.

Camellia

Camellia

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Yeeha, now this is what I wanted. The image looks really great. Thank you.
I deposited $US in the bank account associated with your email address today. Thank you for taking the time to help me out.

Camellia

Dragon

Dragon

All Around Computer Nut

• Retired Staff
  • 2,682 posts
you're most welcome, If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to ask, either myself or someone else will answer.