Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Movie Maker crashes

• Please log in to reply

samboo1

samboo1

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
Hi.
I got WMM a while ago from i think download.com but im not excatly sure, ever since i got it it crashes in the middle of projects and sometimes shuts automatically, it also doesnt let me import some movies because it crashes again. I know other people who have WMM and they dont have these problems, so im thinking maybe i downloaded it from the wrong place? I asked one of my friends where they downloaded it from and they said XP service pack 2, which i got last night but im not quite sure where WMM is even now...

Any suggestions

:whistling:

Advertisements

h_mike

h_mike

• PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
I suggest going to Microsoft and getting all the Microsoft and Security updates. Then after that stay at Microsoft, and look for the Windows Movie Maker 2. Make sure you get all the updates for it aswell. If that doesn't help please feel free to come back, and we'll re-diagnose your problem, and take a different approach to solving your issue, :whistling:.

samboo1

samboo1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
Cool thanks, ill try that :whistling:

h_mike

h_mike

• PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
Tell us what happens after you've done all that, as we say: "We like to know!"

samboo1

samboo1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
I installed the upadtes i needed (i didnt need any of the business type ones) and searched for WMM, and it's not actually up for download on the site, it says;

"Movie Maker 2.1 is available for download with Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2). You can download SP2, Movie Maker 2.1, and all future critical updates automatically by turning on the Automatic Updates feature in Windows XP."

I have SP2 and i have automatic updates turned on too yet i cant find anything to download it.
Meanwhile ive been trying to unistall my faulty version of WMM and i cant even find a place to unistall it, its not in my add or remove programs list, and there's no shortcut to uninstall it either.

h_mike

h_mike

• PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
Well the original Windows Movie Maker, cannot be uninstalled, being that its built into the OS (Operating System) of Windows. Anyways, I have found you a separate download of Windows Movie Maker 2 all by itself! Here you go:

Windows Move Maker 2

samboo1

samboo1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
I downloaded that, and ive just gone on it, and when it was crashing last time, it isnt now! :blink: So far so good!

Thankkkk Youuuu again, and on the other topic, youve been quite the help for me haha

:whistling:

h_mike

h_mike

• PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
No problem at all. If you have any other problems just let me or someone else know via GeeksToGo Forums!