Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet connection keeps disconnecting...

• Please log in to reply

Zaine7673

Zaine7673

• PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
Hi all,
its been a while since i've been here but its still looking great.
I have a Netgear DG834G wireless router. The problem is that it keeps disconnecting the internet connection randomly. When I contacted Netgear they said it could be the router so they sent me new one but just after one day and night after installing it the same problem occurs. Is there anyone with any ideas on what I should be looking for?

By the way when it disconnects it disconnects via wireless and wired ethernet connection.

Advertisements

silverbeard

silverbeard

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
Hi Zane,

have you conacted your ISP? It sounds like the connection to the ISP is have problems.

solaris

solaris

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Hi Zane,

have you conacted your ISP? It sounds like the connection to the ISP is have problems.

restart ur sys n thn chang dialing No. any No. thn dial n gain swtch to orignal one

Ozzyb

Ozzyb

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
HI
Zaine7673
I have this exact same router and I have heard of the same problem many times.
I don’t have this problem fortunately.
Have you tried the firmware update/ upgrade?

NETGEAR

That’s for the v3

There seems to be different solutions to the problem from windows firewall too the Intel drivers for the Nic

Here is a little info

keeps disconnecting

Btw I recently upgraded the Arial to a higher powered one. (link below) it does help a lot as I positioned the router in the wrong place ops

Rubber duck :blink:

Ozzy :whistling:

Zaine7673

Zaine7673

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Hi Zane,

I'be contacted them and they've sent me a new router but even the new one is doing the same just less frequently.

Have you tried the firmware update/ upgrade?

I've tried it on the old router but god knows what happened. It just stopped wotking all together, the internet light would not come on, I couldnt install the router or reset it so it was a bit of a headache.
I got the fiirmware from the netgear website too...