Working on a dell inspiron 5100, P4 2.6G, was running XP.
User (my niece) had multiple probs, tried to fix it herself, added all the Dell upgrades. In the middle of one of the d/loads laptop shut off. Best guess it was during a bios upgrade for of all things, a shutoff problem.
I inherited this problem, and would really like to get this lappy back to life. Error is 0X000000ED, followed by 0X81B21A50, ECT. I followed all the info from MS and ended up replacing the HD. Still received same error msg, but followed by 0X81B6A030. I dis-assembled laptop and cleaned excessive animal hair from inside. All connections appear to be tight and clean.
- Machine boots and runs, slow everything
- Updates are attempted to be applied to machine
- BSOD on boot after upgrade failure
- failed attempt to clean HD and re-install
- Replaced HD, still dead, no boot
- zero-fill new HD, takes all sectors OK
Thanks in advance, any ideas would be great!